– Wash your hands before and after putting on or taking off the mask
– Avoid touching your mask while you’re wearing it
– Make sure it is always the same side of the mask touching your face
– Make sure the mask fits snugly and fully covers your mouth and nose
– Always hold your mask by the string or elastic
– Never leave an unwashed mask out on a table or counter. Store it in a container until you can wash it
– Once used it must be immediately washed with soap and hot water and air dried
– Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before and after touching the mask
– Make sure there are no obvious tears or holes in either side of the mask.
– The side of the mask that has a stiff bendable edge is the top and is meant to mold to the shape of your nose
– The coloured side of the mask is usually the front and should face away from you, while the white side touches your face
– Hold the mask by the ear loops while putting it on or taking it off
– Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin
– Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.
– Avoid touching the front of the mask
– Throw the mask in the trash